Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

welcome back Beagles

I don't see where the numbers were on that quiz diagram, but if Beagles was halfway down (equidistant between the bottom and the middle) that would put him equal on the libertarian scale with Old Dog and myself.  I wonder if Beagles can post the link to his diagram.

I'll stand by what I said about the shootings relating to the movie Groundhog Day,  We have been here before and we'll be here again.  I don't know that we'll get anything out of capturing him alive.  We have the Colorado guy and the guy who shot that Arizona congresswoman and we haven't learned anything from either of them.  The first school shooter was strangely enough a girl.  The only thing they got out of her was "I hate Mondays," which I hear made a pretty good song title, but not much that was useful.  When somebody does something horrific like this current guy everybody thinks there is some complicated discernible mechanism in his brain that they can decode and prevent and stop the shootings.  There is not.  There is only I hate Mondays. 

Myself I would ban all automatic and semi automatic weapons.  The shootings will still go on, but with the guns harder to get fewer people will get killed, like people still get killed wearing seat belts, but fewer than if they didn't.  Their only use seems to be delighting slavering fools at gun ranges so it's a small price to pay to keep more people alive.

But that will never happen.  Right now we have the children's crusade which is very telegenic, they are so very earnest, how can you stop earnest young folk who know they are in the right?  Easily. 

This just in on the radio some guy who has been talking to that Colorado movie shooter from some years ago.  Did he find out why the guy really did it?  Not really.  Did he find anything that will prevent future shootings?  Not really.

Ken's animated gifs Testing out that link thing.  It worked, and you can give it kind of a title rather than that address.  After every painting session I take a photo of what I have done, and I've found a site (Giphy) where I can feed the images and come out with an animated gif which shows all the steps for a second, kind of cool I think, have a look if you have the time to waste.

Interesting note that Beagles makes about The Institute saving his marriage.  Myself I enjoy the writing, but it wouldn't be any fun if nobody at all was reading it.  And hell, I like to hear what other people have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment