Search This Blog

Monday, February 19, 2018

Beagles is Still Here

I'm still in business, just couldn't think of anything to say lately. I took that political quiz last night and I was going to write about it, but I didn't. I was surprised at how close to the center they put me, only 0.5 on the economic scale. I was deeper into libertarian territory on the social scale, -2.92, which is still less than half. Old age and association with my esteemed colleagues must have mellowed me out over the years.

I wanted to write about that Florida shooting but, like Old Dog, I couldn't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said. I read something interesting the other night on the internet news. What is unusual about the latest atrocity is that the perpetrator was captured alive and intact. Most of those guys end up either being killed by the police or themselves, with the vast majority being suicides. I suppose it's almost impossible to analyze somebody after they've blown their brains out, but there is some hope that they will be able to get some information out of this guy. I understand that his lawyer is trying to trade a guilty plea for his client being spared the death penalty. If that's the case, maybe they could make his continued cooperation part of the deal. I know that everybody is mad at him right now but, if they can look beyond that, maybe he could help them figure out exactly what is wrong with people like him.

About those links: First you select the URL by dragging your curser across it. Than you copy it, which is done with a right click with Windows 10. Then you click on the "Link" icon at the top of the page. A form will appear that asks you where you want the link to take you. Paste your copied URL in that space, then click "OK". The URL should now be blue. If you click on it, it will either take you to the site, or a box will appear under it, and you can click on that. Be careful, though, not to click on the part that says "change", just click on the main body of the box.

What do I get out of participating in the Institute? Well, for one thing, it probably saved my marriage. My hypothetical wife just hates most of the stuff we talk about. I'm the kind of guy who needs to communicate, and everything I post here is one more thing that I won't have to bother my hypothetical wife with. I suppose I could get out more and talk to other people, but who's got time for that?


No comments:

Post a Comment