Search This Blog

Thursday, February 8, 2018

I love a parade

Regardless of religious or cultural considerations I don't think it's possible to limit consensual sex; it's much too pleasurable.  Americans have always had a prudish streak but that never stopped us from stepping out once in a while for a little action on the side.  We have a problem with the amount of emotional baggage we attach to the simple physical act, and that threatens relationships.  Sometimes you just want to fuck, with no strings attached.

But it seems to me that sex is a lot riskier now than it was back in the day.  It used to be  that the only things you had to worry about were unwanted pregnancies, crabs, or the clap.  Effective methods of birth control take care of the first issue, crabs and the clap are easily remediated, but now there are all kinds of new risks that have arisen over the decades like herpes, AIDS, chlamydia, genital warts, and I don't know what else.  It's scary to think about and maybe that's why teen pregnancies have fallen a little bit from what I've read, but I'm not familiar with the latest statistics.

-----

The Shakers aren't quite yet extinct, Mr. Beagles, but nearly so.  There are two (!) members left in the last remaining Shaker community, if you can call it that.  It's tough to make a community thrive and grow when it's based on celibacy; I don't think people are waiting in line to join, even if they are functionally celibate and haven't been laid in a long time.  Hope springs eternal.

-----

I'm with Uncle Ken regarding regulations.  It's nice to know that the government has set rigid standards about how many insect parts and rodent hairs are allowed in our food and how much lead or mercury in our drinking water is too much.  Whether or not those standards are enforced I don't know.  There is a trend from the White House to relax or eliminate some of those regulations.

-----

Since I don't have Netflix I'm not aware of their original programming but I stumbled on a new series that came out last month called Dirty Money.  It's a multi-part series dealing with the greedy folks from various industries, including banking and pharmaceuticals, among others; I'm not aware of the full lineup or how many episodes there are.  But one episode was of particular interest to me, titled "The Confidence Man," dealing with our favorite Commander in Chief.  It is not a kind assessment and it goes into a little more detail than usual.  There was one thing I didn't know, and that is the whole perception of Trump as a successful businessman was invented by the creators of "The Apprentice," and the American public bought it.  Before that program Trump was a failing businessman with his only reliable source of income being the licensing of his name, especially in international markets.  Comparisons to P. T. Barnum are not without merit.  I think Barnum liked parades too and there is no shortage of clowns.

-----

Not much talk about food lately so I'd like to advise you that you can buy pickled pig lips on Amazon.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment