Search This Blog

Friday, February 23, 2018

no solution

When I looked at Old Dog's link I noticed that things like the Chechen's attacking a Russian school, or Isis attacking that school in Pakistan. I don't think these are the same things, they were done by an armed force and they were done for political reasons.  It seems to me that mass murders by one or two people are a distinctly American phenomenon.  Not entirely American, I am thinking of that Swedish guy who killed all those kids, but even he had some loopy Nazi notion.  The distinctive thing about American killings are that they are done for no apparent reason

I guess we could lump in things like Las Vegas and Aurora they were both done for no apparent reason by one guy.  Seems like the guy in Bath had sort of a reason, though not much of one.  You know there are things like measles and either you have it or you don't, and then there are things like autism where you can have more or less of it and people will disagree on who has it, and there is no real test like viruses in the bloodstream that will reveal it.  I think these mass shootings are like that.

I meant those medical experiments on the condemned to be more like on the common cold or some medical thing, maybe they could try some psychological thing because what the hell, but I doubt that they are going to find anything like the reason people do this and then apply it as a solution to stop them.

Nothing will stop them just like nothing will stop terrorism or traffic accidents or winter.  If we arm our schools to the teeth, guys with guns will get in, if we lock up all the nuts we can find, some will get out and there are new ones born or made every minute, if we stop selling auto and semi guns there are still plenty (though less) out there for nuts to get ahold of.  I doubt that after this long national soul-searching we will implement much of anything.  And woe to the backers of any plan that gets implemented when their plan does not work.

My personal fave, banning the weapons, I am for it whether we have school shootings or not.  I just think it is a good idea.

Maybe Monday we will be on another subject, or maybe there will be another school shooting over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment