Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2018

The Death Cult

I once heard ISIS described as "an apocalyptic death cult", and I think that pretty well sums it up. Last I heard ISIS had been defeated, but it won't be long before a similar organization rises up to take its place, if it hasn't already. Uncle Ken says that those Islamic terrorists are fighting for a cause. What cause? If it's to spread Islam throughout the land, then why do they kill more of their own people than they do ours? Then again, the Communists killed more of their own people than they did ours too. It seems like, if you want your people to take over the world, it would make more sense to encourage them to be fruitful and multiply than to slaughter them by the thousands. Like I said, though, what makes sense to you and me might not make sense to homicidal maniacs. I think the minds of people like that work differently than the minds of people like us.

I agree that's just speculation on my part, but there are smarter, more educated people than I, and they're being paid a lot more money than I ever was. I always assumed that somebody was doing scientific research on the subject, but now I am told that their funding was cut decades ago. I will reserve my judgement of that until I know more about it. Were they studying how to prevent gun violence, or were they studying how to pass more anti gun legislation? Some people might think that they are one in the same thing, but not necessarily. It's like all the studies that have been done about cancer. Somebody decided a long time ago that cigarettes cause cancer. Well, maybe they do, but did anybody think to study how cancer might be eradicated once and for all like they did with smallpox? Cigarettes couldn't cause cancer if there was no cancer. Okay, that's a bit of a stretch, but you get my point. If somebody goes into a study with an anti gun bias, he is likely to believe that the easiest way to prevent gun violence is to prevent guns, and not be motivated to look any further for alternate solutions. I'm not saying that's what happened with those particular studies, but if it was, then I can see why the pro gun people would want them de-funded.

Uncle Ken wants to move on to other topics. So how bout them Russians? Thirteen Russians and three Russian corporations have been indicted for fraud and identity theft. The problem is that all of those indictees are presently in Russia and are not likely to come here any time soon, so there will  be no trials, just accusations. So what else is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment