Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2019

The Secret Part

"And this is the transcript that Trump says clears him.  And this is not the word for word transcript of the event, this is a transcript that the the prez's people themselves composed,  The actual document is locked up in some place where only the most secret of state secrets go, and there are no plans for it ever being released."  

That's what I meant by "the secret part", the part of the transcript that has been "locked up someplace".  

"Oh, and then there is the recently released testimony of the president's men who apparently fear prison more than the prez." 

That's what I meant about the secret testimony behind closed doors that shows up in the news the next day.  Okay, maybe not all the testimony, and maybe not the next day.  But why has any of it been released while the closed door investigation is still going on?  It is not unusual for the police or whoever to decline to comment on an ongoing investigation, but eventually the investigation is completed and he information becomes public at the trial.  Also, I believe the defense counsel has to be given access to the evidence before the trial begins so that they can prepare their case.   I suppose when the impeachment goes into the actual trial phase, if indeed it ever does, then all the evidence will be presented.  I will reserve my judgement of Trump's guilt or innocence until that time.  I still maintain that the part of the transcript that has been released doesn't prove or disprove anything, being subject to the reader's interpretation.

As I've said in the past, back in the Cold War days, I became convinced that the US government and the Russian government, along with many rich and powerful people in both countries, were all in it together.  I came to doubt that over the years, but I still maintain that you shouldn't be conducting commercial activity with somebody who you believe to be your arch enemy.  During a real war, that would be defined as treason, giving aid and comfort to the enemy.  It's like if that Mafia guy threatened to burn down my swamp and I offered to sell him some matches and a can of gasoline.  Of course the Cold War wasn't a real war, and maybe Russia wasn't the arch enemy that our own leaders told us it was, but it's certainly no more of an arch enemy now than it was in those days, which was the point I was trying to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment