Search This Blog

Friday, November 29, 2019

every good citizen should have an opinion

I am not so much upset about crimes of war in that they are inevitable, but I think the guys that commit them should be punished.  This guy was turned in by his own men because they didn't like it.  I agree with Old Dog those guys who wear that trident take a lot of pride in it, and it brings dishonor upon them to have an unpunished criminal keep his. 

Old Dog is also correct in that our opinions don't mean much, well actually probably they don't mean anything at all.  Thus far the nation has chosen not to heed the lead of The Institution, and I don't think any of us has ever convinced each other of anything.  I personally think everybody should have an opinion on everything, just for good mental agility, to keep the mind a smoothly running machine, but I don't think I've ever convinced anybody else, so there you are.  I still reserve the right to shoot my mouth off however.

Back in the day of our forefathers people got their information from newspapers, seems like there were more of them then there are craft brewers these days.  Of course each reflected the views of the blowhard that was printing it.  There were a lot of opinions tossed around in those days and that's how we got to tossing the tea into the harbor and later wrote the constitution. 

I guess as newspapers began to be consolidated and they had to appeal to a wider population, they became more objective,  They still had slants but objectivity was seen as a virtue, though now that the internet has taken on the role of purveying the news not so much.

I tried to read Old Dog's link on carnivorous deer, but the site didn't like my adblocker.  They are cracking down on freeloaders like me and anymore I find that about half my sites are blocked.  I guess I should just disable it and be a good citizen.

I got around it by googling do deer eat meat and came upon a nifty site called Outdoorhub, which has videos of a deer eating a little bitty bird and a squirrel although it looks like the squirrel was already dead, and you can watch it here: https://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2013/09/09/the-meat-eating-habits-of-deer/

No comments:

Post a Comment