Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2019

The One That Got Away



I set my trailcam up on Tuesday, three days before the opener, and this is the only good picture it took.  It looks like this doe was spooked by something, probably me as I was walking towards my blind this morning.  I always approach the blind from the rear, slowly and cautiously, and I did not see this deer, so it was probably long gone by the time I got there.  Judging from the tracks I saw on my way home at noon, there were two other deer in the area last night or early this morning, and one of them might have been a buck.

I didn't go online last night because I was not feeling good, and I wanted to get some sleep before Opening Day.  I am feeling better today, but I think I'll take tomorrow off.  When you spook a deer like that, it's a good idea to give the spot a rest for a day or two.  I'll let Uncle Ken cover the impeachment hearings for me since he seems to be doing a good job of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment