Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Draining the swamp

Thanks for that transcript, Uncle Ken.  I  don't think I would have bothered reading it if you hadn't posted it.  But no evidence of crimes is jumping out at me, it looks more like the ego stroking you see in a mutual admiration society.  But Trump is the big dog in this exchange, the role and influence of Russia in unknown at this time.

-----

I don't like the way that certain types always bleat "fake news!" whenever they read a story they don't like but then I see claims that big media sits on stories, or kills them outright.  Big media ignored stories about Weinstein, Epstein, Lauer, and others for years and I have to wonder why they took so much effort, and how deep these scandals really go.  If, in fact, ABC News sat on an Epstein story to protect the British Royal family there is some complicated shit going on, especially if you throw Bill Clinton into the mix.

And speaking of Clinton, I have read about his better half and possibilities of her jumping into the Democratic race,  Yikes!  Haven't we suffered enough?

-----

"Draining the swamp" is a popular topic in some circles, and I've been thinking about it a lot and maybe Mr. Beagles has some insights since Beaglesonia is located in swampland.  Is draining a swamp a simple matter of digging ditches to let the water flow out to a lower elevation?  It seems like a low-tech process and well within the capabilities of a motivated guy with a spiffy little tractor.  But I think Beaglesonia is near a state park and draining any swamps nearby may not be legal, what with the preservation of wetlands and all.  I should know the difference between swampland and marshland but I don't and should look it up, maybe tomorrow.

-----

There has been a new meme going around and it affects us all; we are obsolete.  The meme is "Okay Boomer" and it is used by Millennial types to relegate us to the dustbin.  We had our chance and now it's their turn, or so they think.  I hope I can come up with a snappy response if it's ever spoken to me.  Far out?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment