Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2019

I Think I Get It Now

And I tend to agree with most of it.  The only issue I have is that non-human animals don't think and feel about it as we do, at least we don't believe that they do.  Although studies have been done which revealed that some animals are smarter than was previously believed, that doesn't mean they are as cognizant as we are.  That alone would not justify killing them, but it might mean we are better off killing them than killing our own kind.  Of course nobody has to do their own killing today if they don't want to, but our ancestors earned this luxury for us, which they wouldn't have been able to do if they hadn't eaten and enslaved animals.  Part of the attraction hunting has for me is that it makes me feel like I am in some small way connected to those ancestors.  Perhaps it's kind of like Uncle Ken painting pictures in his high rise condo feels connected to those starving artists shivering in their unheated lofts in days of yore.

I have said before that I am interested in the impeachment show, but not nearly as interested as my esteemed colleagues.  I heard on the TV news this evening that the investigation phase might be wrapped up by the time they adjourn for the holidays.  Of course they still have to write the articles of impeachment, but at least it holds out the hope that they might be finally getting off the pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment