Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

onward

I didn't mean to say that there was anything wrong with our ascent from scum pond to the magnificent naked ape that has overrun the globe.  The last couple hundred years we have been fucking up the earth and don't seem to worry too much about the rack and ruin, but hey that's big apes with gargantuan brains for you.

Nothing wrong with man creating God in his own image,  I don't think I said that, about the image, but that's ok. I think it was a great thing when we added the golden rule to His accomplishments.

Bad guys?  I think this is a thing Beagles gets from watching too many of those Lone Ranger tv shows where every week some of the guys on it are good guys and some of them are bad guys, and in the end the good guys beat the bad guys.  I think this is not that realistic.  There are good deeds and bad deeds and sometimes people do good  things and sometimes they do bad things, maybe some do more good deeds and some do more bad deeds, but you can't draw a line neatly between the two.  People have been that way in the past and they will be that way in the future.

Post enlightenment?  I thought Beagles was making this up, but google has a lot of pages on the subject.  I don't have time to read them right now.  It seems to have something to do with religion, so maybe our religious scholar can enlighten us.


I still don't quite get the point of spreading something the spirits don't want in order to thank them or something, but it doesn't matter, if it feels good, do it, as we used to say back in the day.  I was wondering why it applied only to hunting.  Isn't a package of hamburger equally a gift from the spirit or god?  But then don't seem people always say grace before a meal?  Isn't it all the same thing?


I know Beagles if he didn't come out that way, certainly went into the army gung ho and I was wondering why he didn't have an opinion on the Trump pardon.  Isn't one of the things that makes our  army great that we don't kill prisoners?  And if somebody does he gets punished for it?  Well this guy didn't get convicted for that although he sounded pretty guilty to me.  As a sop they convicted him of posing with the guy he killed which seems like pretty small potatoes, and even that wasn't good enough for Private Bone Spurs.  Well maybe he was just showing off his pardoning powers in case Rudy was watching.





No comments:

Post a Comment