Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

I Don't See It

"Our ally is being threatened by our archenemy and the congress has voted aid to keep that enemy at bay but the prez is saying that before he will let them get the money they will have to do a political favor, not for the country at large, but for him personally.  Nothing to see here, move along." - Uncle Ken.

I have heard in the news that Trump threatened to withhold that aid if the Ukrainians didn't investigate the Bidens, but I didn't see any mention of that in the transcript.  It might be in the secret part, but how would the news media know about that?  I suppose the same way they know about all that closed door testimony that is soon to become open door testimony.  I mean, why do they need to open the doors when everything that was said behind closed doors was being reported by the news media the next day?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Trump, I'm just saying that it's supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty".  That's what the impeachment process is for, to determine whether or not Trump is guilty, and it ain't over until it's over.

Speaking of impeachment, what ever became of the Mueller Report?  I know that it didn't find substantial evidence of collusion, but what about that obstruction of justice thing?  I thought the Dems were going to move forward on that, but apparently they didn't.

When did Russia become our archenemy?  While they seem to have forgotten that they aren't supposed to act like Communists anymore, they were buying wheat from us even when they were Communists.  My father certainly liked some of the customers in his store more than others, but I never heard him call any of them his archenemy.

Draining a swamp is one way to dry it up, but another way is to fill it in.  The water will still be there, but it will be underground and not noticeable to the people walking around on top of it.  I think that's what they did to dry Chicago up back in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment