Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Say What?

I thought that Uncle Ken and I had previously agreed that medical insurance is part of the problem, not part of the solution.  I know that I have said I would favor something like the Canadian system, but Obamacare is nothing like that, it's just a sweetheart deal for the insurance companies.  As predicted, insurance rates and medical costs have continued to rise faster than inflation since Obamacare was implemented.  Trumpcare wouldn't have been any better, and might have been even worse but, thankfully, it didn't pass.  I don't think that the taxpayers foot the medical bill for people who don't have insurance, unless they are already on Medicaid, and there are more of them on it than ever since Obamacare passed.  It is my understanding that health care providers charge more for insured people to make up for the uncollectable bills of the poor.  When I had that bleeding ulcer back in 2008, I got a 20% discount on my hospital bill because I didn't have insurance.  The balance that I paid represented about two years of insurance premiums that I would have paid if I had insurance, so I literally paid for it with the money I saved by not having insurance.

I don't know why the Republicans would want to see more people become poor because poor people generally vote Democrat.  I seem to remember Uncle Ken saying once that the Democrats don't want to lift the poor out of poverty, they just want to give them a little help.

I remember saying recently that I would vote for a school millage if the money would be used to hire armed security guards, preferably law enforcement professionals.  I also might vote for one if I could be assured that the money would be spent on education instead of sports and social crap.

Islam is not a race, it's a religion, the fastest growing religion in the world.  I'm not saying that all  Muslims hate our guts and want to kill us, but many of them do.  Even if it's a minority of Muslims, when the Muslims become the majority of the population, even a minority of that majority will become a force to be reckoned with.  I have said before that I have nothing against minorities, as long as they remain minorities.  It's when the minority threatens to become the majority that makes me nervous.  I have never done anything to persecute minorities, but they don't know that.  As far as they're concerned, I'm as guilty as any other White guy, which they probably learned from the liberals.  Now that's racism!

Speaking of race, we've got a Black guy running for U.S. Senator from Michigan on the Republican ticket.  His name is John James, a nice American sounding name.  He has no previous political experience, and his other habits are good as well.  He is a West Point graduate who flew helicopters in the army for eight years, seeing action in the Middle East.  It's a little early to make that decision but, as of now, he's got my vote.


No comments:

Post a Comment