Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2018

in the midst of life

Was it a foot?  I remembered it as an arm, but at least it was a limb, sort of.  I recommended that to Old Dog and he liked it, and that's what made me think he would like Bottle Rocket, the kind of absurd dumb and dumber aspect, but apparently he didn't.  Nevertheless I am going to recommend a movie I saw Saturday, The Insult, about how a petty incident grows and grows in Lebanon, between a Palestinian and a Lebanese Christian.  How do people get along in a country where your neighbor's ilk massacred your ilk in response to an incident where your ilk massacred them?  Lots of courtroom scenes for those who like them.

My Dinner with Andres got rave reviews, but I was reluctant to see it, I mean just two guys eating dinner, I didn't know.  But I eventually did see it and it was pretty good.  One guy was an optimistic new ager type and the other guy more of a cold scientist type and that was the way the conversation ran, though it was more nuanced than that.

I wonder if Old Dog has ever been to Architectural Artifacts on Ravenswood, not far from his house, room after room of gorgeous and odd junk to roam through.

Beagles's admiration of Trump's achievements makes me think of an Italian in the thirties admiring how cool it was because the trains were running on time.  I suppose the present situation is better than when Trump and Jong Un were were hurling insults at each other, but  how long will it be until they are back at it when nothing comes of the negotiations (though it seems that Jong Un has already received the gift of no more war games in exchange for, well, nothing)? 

I suppose my friend could pay medical bills by putting that eight hundred in the bank, but some medical facilities won't deal with you if you don't have insurance, and if something major happened to her she would never be able to pay that off in her lifetime.  Most indications are that Obama had to jettison single payer and cozy to the insurance companies because the reps would never give him single payer, nevertheless Obamacare was better than what came before and certainly better than Trump No Care which is now in ascendancy.

Nice photo of young Bambi frolicking in the sylvan wonder of Beaglesonia.  Is that the junkyard just behind the trees?

I remember the feeling of roadkill.  Way back when I owned a car, I think it was a squirrel, paused in crossing the interstate right in front of my car, sidled this way and that and in the end dashed right under a wheel.  Thump.  I had picked up a hitchhiker a few miles previous and we had been chatting but after that we rode in silence for a half hour.  And the same thing happened to me and Ruby Dew last summer.  Again with all of life and its riches in front of it, the critter dashed right under the wheel.  Thump.  In the midst of life we are in death says the man of the cloth.

So do either of the Dawgs boycott anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment