Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Signal not found

Call me "paranoid", but I think that machine is out to get me. Stupid Google Machine!

That's what you get for calling Google stupid.  I haven't had any problems but I'm always saying "Google is your friend."  Coincidence?

-----

Last week I had an interesting experience that could have started an electrical fire.  I hate when that happens.  My laser printer is tucked away until I need it, and I needed it to print up my tax forms; it may have been six months since I last used it.  Anyhow, I hooked it up, using the same USB cable and power cord that I've always used and no problem; took about five minutes to print everything.  When I removed the power cord from the printer I noticed it seemed a bit warm but didn't give it much thought until I unplugged the cord from the extension strip.  That end of the cord was warm too, which I've never  experienced before and then I checked the cord itself.  It wasn't warm, it was hot, very hot, almost too hot to touch.  Yikes!  This is not right, I'm thinking, not after five minutes of printing.  Houses burn down due to this kind of wiring failure and I'm glad I caught it, reminding myself not to take power cords for granted in the future.  The cord went into the trash after I cut it in half; let's be careful out there.

-----

Uncle Ken has reached deeply into the memory banks to mention Uncle Johnny Coons.  There are a few things I still remember distinctly about his program: he wore a derby, played a lot of Laurel and Hardy shorts, Jewel Foods was his main sponsor, and my favorite, he would raise a glass of milk and say "Here's How!" before drinking it.

But what about Two-Ton Baker, the music maker?  Has anyone here seen Bubbles?

-----

I'm going to have to see if I can hook a real telephone to my computer and use that instead of my cell phone.   Besides the lousy sound quality I get poor connectivity and have to move around my apartment to keep a signal; calls keep dropping out.  I've still got a dandy push-button donut phone made by Western Electric that is gathering dust. Have you guys seen the videos of modern youngsters trying to cope with their granny's dial phone?  Hilarious.




No comments:

Post a Comment