Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2018

Russkie bots

Thanks for the photo Old Dog, but where is the video that it was taken from? 

I reported a fb page yesterday.  It came into my feed because a friend of mine had commented on it.  It was called News from Weaponry, but it seemed to mostly be anti Muslim.  There was some bogus story about a Muslim who wanted the US to ban pork, and then there was a stream of comments all along the line of fuck a bunch of Muslims.  So many comments, they ran down page after page, kind of disheartening, but then you realize that this is like a hundred people out of 325 million in the US, and we all know there are people who just seem to spend all their time making nasty comments on the internet. 

Also the grammar was bad, not  just the comments but on the articles.  Russkie bots I immediately thought.  Well not bots, those guys in like Chechnya who pump this stuff out, but I think Russkie bots is the term that covers all that nowadays.  The articles all appeared to be fake, like some scene from a movie with a whole new story made up about it.  I reported it,  You can click on something just under the leading photo of the page and then you are led through a series of boxes where you pick options.  I picked the hate speech option.  I would have liked to type out an explanatory paragraph but I was never given the option.

And then like a good liberal, I had second thoughts.  Was I throttling free speech?  Well it wasn't much in the way of speech, no ideas where presented, just fuck a bunch of Muslims.  Well even so, shouldn't people be allowed to say whatever they think?  I don't know, that kind of talk does nothing but make trouble for everybody, I'm glad I did it.  Fb will send me a report whenever they get around to doing something or nothing about it.

But why pork?  I know it includes shellfish, but I don't like shellfish, but ham, bacon, pork rinds.  How did this happen?  I tried to avoid it, but in the end I went to wiki, but no help there.  I remember hearing a long time ago that pigs carry certain diseases, but then why just the Jews, why not everybody?  I think that theory has been debunked,  I'm guessing a long time ago some pig farmer pissed off some high ranking priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment