Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2018

fb shenanigans

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL"

...MY GENERATION GREW UP RECITING THIS EVERY MORNING IN SCHOOL WITH MY HAND ON MY HEART.  THEY NO LONGER DO THAT FOR FEAR OF OFFENDING SOMEONE!

LET'S SEE HOW MANY AMERICANS WILL RE-POST AND NOT CARE ABOUT  OFFENDING SOMEONE!

My reply:Kenneth J Schadt That's ridiculous. When I was subbing in elementary schools in Chicago a few years back, they all recited that pledge every morning, and I have to say it didn't make them better kids anymore than it made me a better kid when I did it sixty years ago. These GoverNews people are probably Russkies trying to make some of us Americans mad at other people who are also Americans. Be a good American and don't fall for that crap.

https://www.facebook.com/ellen.obyrne.9/posts/1818605894857509?comment_id=1818844991500266&notif_id=1524089364707204&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

The GoverNews page: https://www.facebook.com/GoverNews/?hc_ref=ARSbbLf3ICmX7CKCAAiRVTUQimH699pWUtz703fS2qW4rIw2Is7S9cxfVLHWVLi5BNQ&fref=nf  
Note the photo of a smiling Trump holding a rifle.

I don't know if Old Dawg ever looks at fb. or if he can (some people who aren't on fb tell me they can't access it, but I expect they don't want to and don't even try), but it's full of stuff like that.  That stuff all in caps is typed against some grey patterned background, looks like a jpg, but I wasn't able to get it from the page that way.  The current fashion in fb is to put your bumpersticker against some kind of background with maybe some fancy font and this is supposed to make it more believable I think.

Anyway when I went to it to try to lift what I thought was a jpg I saw all these other replies which I am happy to report were similar to ,mine.

First of all the premise is false, secondly note the dare to post, and the assumption that one has to be courageous to post it.  

My newspaper has hit my door.  Feel free to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment