Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2018

More Ado About Nothing

 July 18, 2016?  Did Old Dog go through all those posts or does he have a short cut.

That link was pretty easy to find, using the search box on the Blogger page (upper left corner).  I searched for "marina" and a bunch of posts showed up, and then I used CTRL/F to find "marina" on the page.  It didn't take many jumps to find the right post, took less than five minutes in total for the search.

-----

The discussion about shoveling snow made me realize how much snow shovels have improved.  When I was a kid there was only one kind of snow shovel, an ungainly rectangular thing made of aluminum that was worthless for anything but the finest powder, forget about the heavy wet stuff.  Steel coal shovels were the most common shovels, and then the curved blade shovels showed up, also made of steel.  The modern plastic shovels are a big improvement; lighter weight and the snow doesn't stick to them very well.  I think you need two or three different types of shovel, depending on the type of snow, to get you through the winter.

I used to have a system where I would salt the sidewalk just as the snowfall started.  After three or four inches fell I would go out and shovel, and the sidewalk would be snow-free, but wet.  If it kept snowing I would just go out and shovel after another three or four inches fell, repeating as necessary.  When the snow quit falling and I was done shoveling, the sidewalk would still be wet so I salted it again.  The next day the sidewalk would be bone-dry, not a lick of snow or ice anywhere.  It was very satisfying to have the only dry patch of sidewalk on the whole block.

-----

There is a whole circus of fascinating stuff going on in the political arena, but neither dawg seems to have much interest in it.

I have mixed feelings about all the current nonsense; there is certainly plenty to talk about but it's like discussing a movie while you are viewing it.  Stories are still unfolding and there is too much speculation and too many distractions for my taste.

Look at the aerial strikes in Syria not long ago; people were going nuts and now, nothing.  It turns out those strikes made a lot of noise, blew up some empty buildings but didn't do any shit of consequence.  Some of the pundits have mentioned the movie Wag the Dog and I'm thinking they are not far from the truth.  What better way to distract the media than some well-aimed missiles?  Trump is getting desperate.  Today it was announced that Rudy Giuliani has joined his crack legal team, which is interesting because I don't think Giuliani has been in a courtroom in a long time although he did have a working relationship with Mueller about thirty years ago.  Maybe he's trying to cut a deal.

-----

You need a Facebook account to view its postings unless the posts are specified for public viewing (I think).  Here are the results of the two links Uncle Ken provided:










No tickee no laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment