Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2020

Urban Problems

"We are one nation.  We are not a house divided." - Uncle Ken

So Uncle Ken feels himself and his ilk to be one with the Trumpists and their ilk?  He sure had me fooled!

The reason I keep advancing these "stupid" ideas is I am trying to come up with a proposal to resolve, or at least mitigate, the problem of White cops killing Black people.  I have said before that every case is different, sometimes the White cop is at fault and sometimes he is not, but some people seem to assume that the White cop is always at fault and, if an investigation or court proceeding finds otherwise, then the cop "skated".  Sounds like racism to me.

Maybe I am not qualified to offer solutions to urban problems like that, since I renounced city life when I was seven years old and spent the next ten years biding my time until I was old enough to leave.  In that case, I'll just back off and let you city slickers solve your own problems.  After all, you've done a really good job of it so far.

Another urban problem that is none of my business is that corona thing.  So far the effects of the virus itself have been minimal in my neck of the woods.  The effects of the measures implemented to fight the virus, however, have put an undue burden on us country folk.  Cheboygan County did experience a spike the other day, after weeks of hanging at 21 our total case count soared to 22.  Lock us down, lock us down, we're out of control!

Speaking of spikes, didn't those protests, that didn't cause the spike, start about the same time all those Republican governors lifted their lockdowns prematurely, which certainly did cause the spike?  Coincidence?  I think not!  

No comments:

Post a Comment