Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2020

Post Solstice

Dare I remind Uncle Ken that Spike Lee's new film is entitled "Da 5 Bloods" and not Five?  Nah, I'll let it go; such a minor issue is not worth being called The Scourge again.  Besides, there is no real difference if the titles are spoken but we are writing and not speaking; one is correct and one is not.  Are such details important?  That's a discussion for another time.

I didn't think that the movie got "hijacked by a search for gold plot and a lot of silly action scenes."  The CIA gold was integral to the story and the action scenes were anything but silly.  There weren't really a lot of them but they were quick, brutal, and realistic to me.
Another fine movie from Spike Lee, possibly his best, with an outstanding ensemble cast.  I like the way he sneaks in certain historical details, such as the character named Larry Thorne, who is worth a Google.  Thorne is the only member of the German Waffen SS to be buried in Arlington National Cemetery.  He fought the Commies all his life and was killed in Vietnam, hell of a soldier.

-----

The pandemic is rolling along and I can't determine any definitive consensus among medical  professionals except the Big Three: Wear a mask, maintain social distance, and keep washing your hands.  I think the doctors are being pressured by economic forces and that's too bad for us.  Are we still in the first wave or are we entering the second wave?  I read that some European doctor said that the virus will fizzle out on it's own.  We'll see about that.

-----

I'm glad that there wasn't an ugly situation in Tulsa over the weekend but did you see the video of Trump as he left Marine One?  Christ on a crutch!  He looked like he was in shock, coming off of a three day bender except he wasn't drinking.  It's the worst I've ever seen him, a beaten man.  It will be a miracle if he can pull out of this nosedive but I wouldn't put it past him.  There are many tricks up his sleeve and if the stakes are high enough some person, place, or thing will come to his rescue.



No comments:

Post a Comment