Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2020

Nothing special Monday

Comments are posted so infrequently  that they slip through the cracks and I miss them, but I caught one that was posted last week on the 11th.  Uncle Ken has an anonymous fan who supplied a film/video recommendation, The Wire.  I read the post again and Uncle Ken has a particular beef:
 
That's what I am really complaining about here, political correctness.

I think I used to know what political correctness meant, but not anymore.  The term has gotten too subjective for me, maybe it's just old age addling my brain.  What's the difference between common courtesy and political correctness?

-----

While noodling about the net, trying to make some sense of the varying degrees of civil unrest we are facing, I found some interesting numbers relating to gun ownership.  According to CBS News we aren't as heavily armed as I thought.  Michigan, for example, is ranked at #48 with 4.3 registered guns per 1,000 residents.  Illinois is #35 with 9.2 registered guns per 1,000 residents and our common neighbor, Indiana, is #15 with 14.1 per 1,000.  Coming in at #1, blowing everyone else away, is Wyoming with 195.7 registered guns per 1,000 residents.

It makes me wonder how many unregistered guns are out there, must be a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment