Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2020

The Blame Game

I suppose you could blame Trump for the Coronavirus the same way some people blamed Bush for Hurricane Katrina, but I blame Richard Nixon.  If he hadn't opened relations with Red China back in the 70s we might not be dealing with those people even unto this day, and all those exotic flu bugs would be staying in Red China where they belong.  (I am not a doctor and I don't even play one on TV, but the Coronavirus looks to me like a flu bug on steroids.)

We used to get the flu all the time when we were kids, and it never killed anyone, although it might make you wish you were dead when you had it.  I don't remember any kind of respiratory effects, just a lot of puking and shitting that only lasted a few days.  Looking back on it, that must have been the regular American flu.  I understand there was a Spanish flu that killed a bunch of people near the end of World War I, so it must be only the foreign flus that are deadly.  Now a new mutated strain comes out of Red China every year, leaving our guys scrambling to produce a vaccine.  I might say that the Reds are doing this to us on purpose, but that would be just paranoid.  On the other hand, these are the same people who brought us lead paint on children's toys and pet food laced with ant-freeze, so anything is possible.


1 comment:

  1. Kind of correct. It is only the deadly flu that are given foreign names.

    ReplyDelete