Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Figaro and fig newtons

It's corona corona corona on CNN these days, and you know CNN they get ahold of something and they work it to death.  You would think there were plenty of things going on in the world, that you could cover stories all day and never have to repeat anything, but you would be wrong.  Not all CNN's fault, by the nature of a 24 hour news station people drop in and out and they are expecting the important news of the day so you have to repeat,  Anyway corona gets worse and worse, northern Italy quarantined, all of Italy quarantined, New Rochelle in the United States of America quarantined.  Still the whole thing had not really touched me until yesterday when I went to the senior center and my improv class is on hiatus until, well, whenever, likewise the watercolor class I take there, well all senior activities in the cultural center.

Shit, fuck.  That is a good part of my social life.  As I said at the time when I learned this I don't mind others making sacrifices for the greater good, but the horse takes on another hue when I am called upon to make a sacrifice.  What now for Ken, even more CNN, blog posts that go on for pages?  Only time will tell. 


In much the generous way that I let Beagles have the last word on illegals voting, whether it was an honest mistake to think Obama was a muslim, and something else I think, which in that generous manner of mine I have already forgotten, I shall step aside from the latest rant about population growth.

I certainly did not mean to make aspersions on the wit and sophistication of Cheboyganers.  What I had meant to do was disagree with Old Dog's assessment that I thought Cheboyganers were lacking wit and sophistication but perhaps I did so with a lack of wit and sophistication of which folks who have their very own restored opera house surely have aplenty.

Never have been a fan of opera myself.  When I was tending bar at Chin's one of the waitresses had  a part in an opera and gave us free tickets and what the hell I went.  I think it was the Barber of Seville, which it turned out was pretty funny and I rather enjoyed it when the actors were talking, but not so much, actually not at all, when they were singing,  There is indeed an opera house not far from my house, a magnificent edifice with its back to the river which as an architecture buff I would like to see the inside of, but I probably never will because they are always showing operas there and I don't like opera.  If that makes me a clod in the eyes of the sophisticates who dwell in the land that looks like a hat atop a hat atop Michigan, so be it.

I will stick by the gun nut thing through judging by the fact that hunting is a big deal and the staunch second amendment credentials of the people the area sends to congress. 

And I know I'm just a clod who wouldn't know Figaro from fig newtons, but I have to say, this memory loss due to aging thing that Beagles mentions in like every third posting, it's getting really old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment