Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2020

Debunking Uncle Ken

"FACT ONE:  At the time Beagles said that he had heard that illegal aliens were voting in California he did not know that this was only in some places in some local elections.  It is unlikely that what he thought he heard came from this source because then he would have known, and bowing to the truth, as the honest man we all know him to be, he would have said that he had heard that some illegal aliens were voting in some local elections in some parts of California.  More likely the source was one of the many rantings which are legion, from the FOX/Trump news machine."

I never specified how many illegals were voting in California, nor in what locations.  I just said that I had heard they were voting in California, which they are.  While confirming this, I discovered that they are also voting in Maryland.  Okay, some of them are voting in some precincts, which is too many.  The only number acceptable to me would be zero. 

"FACT TWO: Beagles is now aware, as he was not previously, that this voting is only in some local elections in some parts of California."

Irrelevant, see debunking of fact 1.  

"INEVITABLE CONCLUSION: Beagles has been enlightened,  And not only that but he has been enlightened using the method of The Liberal Agenda, which is seeking out the truth."

Beagles has certainly not been enlightened.  He has been pissed of by Uncle Ken's obstinance, and now wants to vote for Trump more than ever, just to spite him.  Hopefully he will get over it by election time.  He still might vote for Trump, but this would be the wrong reason to do so.

"As for Obama being a Muslim, that was an honest mistake that could have happened to anybody.  Actually, what I think I said was that he had been raised Muslim but later converted to Christianity.  Turned out, he had spent part of his childhood in a Muslim country, but his mother was a nominal Christian and his father wasn't religious so, while his Muslim neighbors might have influenced him to some degree, that's not the same as being raised Muslim.  Obama himself alluded to his Muslim background in a speech that won him a Nobel Prize, but apparently he just meant that he had known some Muslims in his life and had gotten along with them just fine." - Beagles

This was not an attempt to prove that Obama was a Muslim.  It explains why I had previously, erroneously, believed that he was raised Muslim and later converted to Christianity.  I had never tried to confirm this belief before Uncle Ken challenged it because I had no reason to, since nobody had challenged me on it before, and I wasn't going to vote for Obama anyway.

Convicted felons voting was not a big issue for me.  The only reason I mentioned it was Uncle Ken said something to the effect that, since other criminals could vote, illegal immigrants should also be allowed to vote.  Last I heard, convicted felons were still not allowed to vote or possess firearms in Michigan, which is where I live.

********************************************************************************

Our presidential primary is March 10, and I am planning to vote for Bill Weld.  He is not a perfect candidate, last I heard he was in favor of abortion and gay marriage, but at least he is not Trump.  I expect Trump to win the nomination and, if he does, I will probably vote for him in November.  I usually care more about issues than I do about personalities, but Trump's personality is so outrageous that it's hard to ignore.  Nevertheless, I am in agreement with him about some, but not all, of the issues, which is more than I can say for any of the Democrats.    








No comments:

Post a Comment