Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2020

Marching onward

Gentlemen, it is March.

And so it is, Uncle Ken, so it is.  I can't help but notice how rarely I've been posting lately but I'm fine with that.  Speculation and jawboning accomplish little and I don't feel like venting all the time.

But things continue to get more weird, from where I'm sitting.  Last month it was locusts and now it's a new plague, that coronavirus thing.  It's spreading like wildfire but the mortality rate doesn't seem that bad and I suspect many governments are too enthusiastic in their response.  It can take weeks for symptoms to appear once you are exposed which means that a quarantine is pointless.   And by the time a vaccine is developed it will probably have mutated into something else and there's not much you can do except wash your hands and try to limit exposure.  At this point I'm not worried about it but the economy will take a big hit due to disruptions in the supply chains.  I expect shortages and slowdowns.

-----

I remember seeing Bill Weld on some interview shows when he was running as Gary Johnson's running mate in 2016.  He seemed to be much more on the ball than Johnson and should have been the presidential candidate, in my opinion.  What's interesting this year is that he is running as a Republican, and in one of the primaries he got about 10% of the vote against Trump.  That's not a lot but it is a sign that the base may be starting to  fracture.  We'll have to wait and see if this goes any further.

Don't know what to make of the Democrats though, except Biden is on a roll it seems, and I really do not like Bloomberg, not one bit.  Between the efforts of the media and the Democratic National Committee I think Bernie will get screwed (again) but that's okay by me; he's too cranky to my way of thinking.  The three remaining women are hanging in there and one of them will probably be a running mate for Biden or whoever gets the presidential nod although I have seen Kamala Harris' name mentioned, too.  Why, I don't know and it's too bad that the Democrats have such a sorry bunch running this year.  And so it goes.

-----

I don't think it was much of a stretch to assume Obama was a Muslim; just look at his name.  His middle name wasn't Leroy or Tyrone, was it?  The Jews have a thing where if your mother was Jewish you are Jewish, too.  Maybe the Muslims have something similar, except it passes from the father.  I don't care one way or the other but the topic seems to be of some interest and I might as well toss in my two cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment