Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

Let the games begin

Like Mr. Beagles, I thought the Chicago/Mackinac race already occurred, but not so.  It is happening this weekend.

I've known a couple of people who've raced that event.  Although there are a lot of rich guys that race in the "elite" classes, there are even more folks that have cheaper boats and grab a few buddies for a weekend of shits & giggles.  They don't expect to win, but just enjoy sailing, and it can be quite the challenge;  Lake Michigan can get nasty.  That's my understanding, anyhow.

One of these guys has a friend who.does the race, but the guy doesn't have enough time to sail the boat back to Chicago.  So my friend drives up to Mackinac with his wife and they sail the boat back to Chicago, enjoying a leisurely summer outing.  The boat owner drives back in the car, and a good time is had by all.  I'm sure my friend packs plenty of lunch buckets.

-----

Uncle Ken, are you putting words into Mr. Beagles' mouth?  In referring to Gary Johnson (is he Ben?) as a normal person, I meant of the non- opportunistic power-grabbing type.  He have may have meant non-traditional types, but I don't know.  I'll let him amplify his statement, if he so desires.

According to many historians, we've already had a gay president: James Buchanan.  Historical speculation is a questionable activity, but you can look it up and judge for yourself.

-----

The non-response to the Melania question is consistent with Ben's behavior as I have seen and read.  He has been discussing only the issues and not the candidates on a personal level.  A question about a family member would certainly be off limits; Ben is behaving like a gentleman.  And he's climbed Mt. Everest...how cool is that?  Furthermore, he's called PumpkinHead a pussy a few times, with no response or lawsuits; probably before he decided to run.  He has since kept a civil tongue as far as I can tell.

Speaking of family members, I've read an article about a possible dynasty, like the Kennedy and Bush families.  There's a scary thought for you.  And isn't the kid, Barron, the tallest ten year-old you've ever seen?  Something about that kid gives me the creeps but I can't put my finger on it. Kids that age shouldn't like wearing suits and ties, but that's my opinion.  He could be good, for nothing.

-----

So, next week at this time the DNC circus in Philadelphia will be over and the real fight begins.  Don't be surprised if the old-school Repubs who boycotted their convention decide to endorse the Libertarian candidates.  Tongues are already wagging in the Romney and Bush camps.  Or so I've read...

-----

Old joke time.

Q: What's the difference between humor and odor?

A: Humor is a shaft of wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment