Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

from Cleveland

I've been watching the repubs and I am somewhat surprised that it is not as much fun as I thought it would be, but then I have to ask myself, why did I think it would be so much fun, and I'm not sure.  I guess I expected the Never Trumps to put up more of a fight, but they are vanquished and their tales are between their legs.

Mostly it's all just anti Hilary stuff.  It gets a little old because once you have declared her the devil incarnate where do you go from there?  But I guess the repubs can't get enough of it.  One of the pundits was saying to one of the other pundits that gee this anti Hil stuff is getting, well, old.  Isn't the point of a convention to build up your own candidate?  Normally, the other pundit punditted (probably not a word but surely it should be) that would be the case, but in the case of Trump nobody knows what to say because nobody is sure what he will say next. 

There is only one thing to be sure of, he will make this country great again, somehow, and you know the way he keeps popping up he is watching, like Big Brother, and they might say something that he didn't like.

How about that Melania?  The latest, as of this morning, is that somebody else wrote the speech and she inserted those plagiarized parts.  But where is this info coming from?  There are all these reports coming from inside the Trump campaign, but no names for who they come from. 

How about that Hollywood-pretty den of vipers that is Trump's offspring?  Brrrr.

Well see, I hate it, but I can't take my eyes off of it.  I think Old Dog remembers a columnist named Bob Greene who wrote this awful treacly stuff.  There was a column in the Reader, written interestingly enough by Neil Steinberg, which made fun of Greene's columns and was called I Read Bob Greene So You Don't Have To.  Well I watch the republican convention so you don't have to.



I guess the term I should have used instead of bullshitting was bull sessions.  You were young and you were exposed to conventional wisdom, but there were parts that didn't make sense to you.  You couldn't take this to an adult because they would just tell you to shut up and maybe you would get into trouble, so you took it to your peers. 

This reminds me of the story of Beagles losing his Methodism and heading into the wilds of Alaska. Well it didn't happen exactly that way, you know I like to drum up a little drama, but maybe Beagles will retell that story.

A lot of people just cobble together something and it's like okay, now I'm done thinking about things and they just carry those particular beliefs to the grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment