Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Everything's Fine

Remember when they used to make jokes about women drivers? I don't know why, but it was a common myth at the time that women didn't drive as well as men. The only one I remember is, this guy asked his friend how his wife's driving was coming along, and the friend answered, "Fine......fine......fine....... one fine after another." Anyway, I think we are doing just fine with this blog. We tend to wander around a bit, but so do people in real life conversations.

Before there were blogs, there were forums, aka bulletin boards. Somebody would start a topic and others would add comments to it. Most forums had one or more moderators who were supposed to keep everybody on topic. Forums were fine, but I like blogs better, you don't have to worry about staying on topic because all the topics are in one place. One thing I've noticed is that, with three participants, there seems to be more topics going on at once. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but maybe we don't need to address every topic in every post we make. If I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I'm not interested, it just means I have nothing to add at the moment. That's how it should be in real life too. You aren't supposed talk all the time just to hear the sound of your own voice. If you've got something to say, say it, and then give somebody else a chance to speak too...... or so I have been told.

I haven't been watching the GOP convention, but I have heard on the news that a lot of people who usually attend those things aren't showing up this time. I suppose that means they don't want to be viewed as supporting Trump. Some of the pundits seem to think that the Dump Trump movement is still planning on pulling something, but they're not sure exactly what. I don't care, I'm voting for the Libertarian candidate this time. I don't know a lot about him, and I don't plan on trying to learn more. All I need to know is that he's not Trump and he's not Hillary. If I dig too deep, I might find out that I don't like him either. Who would I vote for then?

No comments:

Post a Comment