Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2016

Thursday night in Cleveland

Beagles, you seem to be saying that women, nonwhites, and gay people are not normal people.  Was it that much fun to say?

I saw like fifteen seconds on the local news of guys on boats and they said something about a race and I assumed it was that one which used to be kind of popular, or rather the local media tried to make it sound exciting, probably because their bosses were rich people with boats.  It was like, will the Chicago guy (who was probably from like Wheaton) beat that Michigander?  Gosh I sure hope so, that will make me so proud.

I like that lunch bucket thing.  Maybe what those boaters should do is like bring a bunch of lunch buckets down from Michigan to a bowling alley in Gage Park and they could bowl against the local lunch buckets.  The bowling alley could add a selection of wines from Tuscany and they could lounge around in their topsiders and everybody could have a good time and nobody would get wet.  That's why they call me an idea man, well that's what I call myself.


I don't know about Ben and Jerry.  I read something somewhere (see I'm getting like you guys) where a reporter was asking Ben if he had any comments on that Melania thing, and he was all like, well I don't want to say anything.  Don't want to say anything?  What the fuck?  A reporter is asking you a question and you would rather not comment?  Especially about one of your opponents getting his teat a bit in the wringer?  I don't think these guys are ready for prime time.


Nothing much going on in Cleveland last night, a bunch of third stringers droning on and on.  Lock her up.  Lock her up.  They don't even need to have anybody speak, just let the crowd in their funny hats chant for a few hours, they couldn't be happier.

And then Ivanka, well they all look alike to me, I can tell the girls from the boys, but otherwise they all look alike.  I'm embarrassed that the lame stream press goes gaga over these lobos and lobas.  Oh they look like such nice kids, oh they are so accomplished, oh how well they speak.  Gosh remember those sweet-faced Nazi youth crooning the Horst Wessel Song so prettily?

Oh how about that?  I had always thought the Horst Wessel was some kind of wild flower or something and I was going to make some comparison between that and Trump's locks, but it turns out that Horst Wessel was the guy who wrote the song, which I just read the lyrics of and it's all about making Germany great again.

I know comparisons to Nazis are trite and way over done but there was Old Yeller bleating about law and order.  The word was that he was reading from a teleprompter, but I was thinking he must have been ad libbing a bit because he didn't sound all stiff like the last time he was reading.  He brought up the wall, but didn't take it all the way.  He brought up banning muslims but again danced away from it.  He was a little liberal in talking about how he wanted to help minorities, even gays, but there was nothing specific of course, well there never is.

This law and order thing though, I don't know, I know how it gets hearts beatings.  I went to bed a little afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment