Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

why brexit?

Even though I am on the right side of logic, it's pretty clear to me that nothing is to be done about controlling guns in the lifetime of either of us, so it's just a couple of old men flapping their gums.

And I suppose that if you are on the payroll of the Democratic party that you are a member of it in a way that a voter and volunteer and donor is not. 

So I see that now you stand shoulder to shoulder with Trump, the 'Tarians!, and a good part of the Republican party on Brexit.  Why?  What's it to you?

I write the posts as a letter and then copy and paste them into the Beaglesonian, but then the line breaks come out screwy and I have to edit them.  Last time I did it once and it didn't seem to take so I did it again, and that's how that second copy must have appeared, likewise the time before.  I never noticed either double copy.  Thank you for tidying up.


This is kind of a short letter so I am including an excerpt from a letter I was writing this morning.

Bernie is becoming a pain in the ass.  Well you know it is a fine feeling to be standing out there and speaking your mind and having the people go wild.  Myself I don't know, I've never experienced anything like that.  I think I would be ecstatic, also scared shitless, probably both.  Some politicians it's why they are in politics and the governing in between is just downtime. 

Trump is probably having the time of his life, the reason he will never 'cool it' as he has been urged by cooler heads.  You know he always knew he was the smartest person in the world and now the citizens of the most powerful nation in the world are affirming it.

Bill of course loved campaigning.  Hours after his events he was still shaking hands with whoever hadn't left.  Hilary, you know she hates it.  Well I don't hold that against her, but that phony laugh does grate on me. 

And here's something that disturbs me a little.  The Mitt Romney reps have nowhere to go.  They can't stand Trump and the rest of the party is held by guys like Cruz who can't stand him.  But you know Hilary, despite her words, is pretty cozy with Wall Street, and she has her hawkish side, and even now they are supporting her a little, if just with that Never Trump thing.  Which is fine, anything to beat the beast.  But what if afterwards. they take over the dems, or the big girl's presidency at any rate?  I don't see it happening right now, but it is something I worry about.

I still have not encountered a Trumpist.  All I see of them is on tv and they don't seem to have any depth beyond a few slogans.  I would love to sit down next to one at the Ten Cat and have a discussion over a few pale ales just to see if there is anybody inside their skull.

No comments:

Post a Comment