Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Old Dog sez

Recently you may have noticed that I have been speaking a bit of the guy on the next bar stool.  I have also been urging him to get involved in the good work of The Institute in bringing enlightenment and reasonableness to the masses.  Apparently I have had some success because he has just posted a couple comments.  Because of vagaries of blogpost they are a bit difficult to read in the current format I am copying and pasting them into this post.

I apologize for the intrusion, as this may be the first comment *ever* to this blog. A while back Uncle Ken asked me if I could write, and mentioned the Institute and how it was an ongoing correspondence between childhood friends... Tried to catch up, reading all the entries from the beginning but the task was too daunting; decided then if I went back a few months I would be caught up, for all practical purposes, like jumping into a flowing river.

Anyhow. Brexit isn't a done deal, and I don't think it will be finalized. But! It *is* a wake-up call to the EU, and many issues will finally be addressed, chiefly immigration and the divine rule from Brussels. Maybe.

If this comment makes it through the filters there is more to be said, about many things. Gun control? I think good gun control means hitting your target.

"Globalization" is a hot-button word, but I don't understand what the big deal is. Open trade and freedom of movement should not be bad things.

Let me say this about that.  The first post is in response to Beagles' post on Brexit.  I saw this guy on CNN, that goofy looking guy with the wired grin and heavy Brit accent and he said it wouldn't be repealed, and having that accent and all he must know what he was talking about, but I dunno such a slow moving process, it seems like there is ample time for cooler heads to cool it.  And mostly it was older people who voted to exit, and some of them will die in the next couple years. On the other.hand the younger people who voted against it will become older in the next couple years.

Divine rule of Brussels?

If you want to be that way about it I guess hitting your target is not such a good idea for gun control if you are hitting the wrong target.


The other post is on my post about the ice cream party.  I guess I have to agree with Old Dog and the classic libertarians.



1 comment:

  1. "Hitting the wrong target."

    Aye, there's the rub. Good point.

    ReplyDelete