Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Tarians!

The libertarians need a nickname because lib-er-tar-i-an is too damn long, and let's face it, they are a bunch of stuffy grumpy old white men with maybe a few stuffy grumpy white college nerds who have been reading Ayn Rand while everybody else in the dorm has been training binoculars on the girls' dorm across the way, and they have no zing.  Zippo zing. 


Tarians has zing, sounds like stuffy grumpy white guys on the move.  Sounds like they have loosened their ties, maybe even given them a yank so they are, dare I say it, askew.  Maybe they have even undone their cuffs and given their sleeves a roll up or two.  'Tarians!  I don't know if I go for that leading apostrophe, looks a little messy if you ask me, but then I am not one of those wild and crazy guys.

I guess I am not intelligent enough to understand what is so intelligent about the 'Tarians! (Doesn't look so bad with the italics and bold and exclamation mark, but I can't take the excitement, from hence onwards I shall just call them the tarians) message.  Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it just go: Less gummint (cut taxes on the rich)?

Like I said, the current 'Tarian! cheese, (sorry, can't help myself, looks great, doesn't it?) is purer than those guys running in the primary who claimed to be libertarians, but that is because they only like one percent.  If they ever get above ten mark my words, they will be jettisoning abortion and wars of opportunity will look more appealing to them.

Third parties have been all over the lamestream media.  I don't know where you've been.  You sound like those Foxies who think the lamestream dares not touch their  burning issues, when in fact they have plenty, but they wouldn't know because they hardly ever partake of the lamestream media.  Nader helped W, Perot helped Clinton, I don't remember who John Anderson helped.  Who remembers John Anderson?  He wasn't a crackpot, so what was his excuse?  Anyway the fact is they were all, in the words of Trump, losers. 


Speaking of losers, I see where Bill Kristol has picked some guy who writes for his magazine to be a third party candidate, let me look him up, David French.  French?  Who likes the French?  Couldn't he have found some guy called David Mustard?  Everybody likes mustard.


I think you are splitting hairs about the eight hour day.  I think it's general practice to pay time and a half after eight even if the guy doesn't end up working over forty hours in the week, but I don't know what the law is on this.  The weekend is fast approaching and without that onerous deadline of producing a post every morning I may have time to do some internet research.

No comments:

Post a Comment