Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

We're Both Right

It seems that the Cook County Democratic Party and the Republican Party of Michigan operate under different rules. Your guys do not issue membership cards or pay dues, but my guys do. All you have to do to join your party is request that your name be added to their list of members, but first you have to do something to materially support the party. It was not made clear if all applicants are accepted or not, but I suspect not because of the other conditions mentioned. I got your information from http://cookcountydems.com where I was able to download a copy of your by-laws. I will try to copy and paste the part about membership, but first I want to try to paste a copy of the Michigan Republican's membership card, since I already have it on my clipboard. Under the card was a membership form, which I will not try to copy since it's just stuff like name, address, etc. It didn't say anything about dues, but they require a "donation" with a $10.00 minimum.








ARTICLE II: Membership
 
Section 1. A member of the Cook County Democratic Party shall be any person registered to vote

within Cook County, Illinois who volunteers, contributes to, supports, advances the interests of, or

participates in the actitivities of the Party and who requests to be added to the membership list and who

further demonstrates the suitable attributes of character, judgment, and commitment to the principles,

vision, programs, and policies of the Cook County Democratic Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment