Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2016

As Utah goes, so goes the nation

As for the semi automatic, plenty of people, like yourself, hunt perfectly well without a semi automatic weapon, if it makes the operation more of a sport why then they should welcome it since they claim to be sportsmen.  As for target shooting there are plenty of other guns they could shoot with, and as a matter of fact I hear that many of these places stock fully automatic weapons, but i think they stay at the shooting range, the same could go for the semi automatics.  As for protection, if you need a semi automatic weapon to protect yourself, maybe you are not living your life right, maybe you shouldn't piss off all those people who are gunning for you so that you need a semi automatic to outgun them.  And you know, it's just plain chickenshit.  A lot of people, like me, live out their lives without ever owning a gun and we don't feel afraid. 


So I find your arguments weak, but they are arguments, you have addressed my point.  It doesn't matter in the short range because nothing is about to happen as far as getting rid of those chickenshit, though deadly, weapons. 


I continue to fail to see what difference it makes whether somebody does or doesn't go through some formal procedure, or if such a procedure  even exists, but I admire your industrious internet research. 

The 'Tarians! may siphon off enough votes to sink Trump, although I think if there were no 'Tarian! party the Dump Trumpers would find another place to throw away their votes.  Didn't you vote for McGovern because you didn't like Nixon?  Strangely I don't see any of the Bernie people going to the green party.

It's one thing for a third party to siphon off enough votes to deny a rep or a dem victory, but it's a whole other thing for the third party to win a state.  I think the last person to do that was your man George Wallace, but that was really a regional thing.  Anymore the reps who now own the south are closely aligned to the voters there and it's hard to see anything like Wallace or the Dixiecrats arising south of the Mason Dixon line.

Let alone Utah.  Utah?  Utah is a solid red state.  I reckon you would have to go back at least fifty years to find a time when they didn't vote Republican.  But these 'Utah' theorists who have looked at polls and past voting records and now know exactly how each state is going to go must have some powerful mojo because I don't know of anybody else who knows exactly how that is going to go.
So I don't know of any indications that Utah won't be in the republican party, and even if it did vote for, well I guess Ben and Jerry, I don't see where its 6 votes out of a total of 538 nationwide, are going to throw the election into the house. 


Yes indeed it is all Trump all the time.  I find myself going through the newspaper with all the things going on in the country and the world and thinking oh yes very nice, but what did Trump say last night?  Having that houseguest in the middle of the week, I missed Ben and Jerry's CNN town hall.  So far I don't see where they have made much of a splash.


Oh here it is http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-nicholas-phillips/doomsday-savior-how-paul-ryan_b_9474788.html  I googled  theory of Utah sending the election into the electoral college

No comments:

Post a Comment