Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

yuletide on the southern bank of the lake

I never understood TARP very well, my main impression is that if the banks had gone down, much as they deserved it, it would have been bad for the rest of us, the recession would have been longer.  I guess we'll never know now exactly what would have happened if we hadn't.

I think most everybody was for it at the time, the political candidates, the big economists.  It seems like anybody who was president would have done it. 

It would have been nice if afterwards they had gone after some of those guys and put them in the iron hotel, but the only guy who talks much about that is Bernie Sanders.  They did pass some regulations to hinder that thing in the future but the reps are always trying to repeal those regulations.

Aren't most tea party organizations anymore PACs funded by the Adelsons and the Kochs, and their ilk?  At first you heard some of the haberdasherly challenged carping about the fat cats, but anymore I think they have been bought off by the big money.

When you say you got a little carried away with the xenophobia are you saying you don't really want to expel all those people and build all those walls? 

Fast boat?  Were we talking about fast boats before?  Oh you mean like the one I have anchored at the end of Navy pier so that when the invasion of Muslims, Asians, Hispanics (are you sure you didn't mean to include blacks and gays?) takes over Chicago, I can hop into it and head north and take a right just before Canada and land on the freedom soaked borders of Beaglesonia.  I hear it is guarded by some Elmer Fudd type character but he is mostly asleep.  Maybe I cold bring him a nice cut of Whole Foods venison.

Marina City Christmas Party tonight.  I will be wearing my Santa hat and eating and drinking and glad handing, but the word is that there will be a tv and at 8PM they will be tuning into the Republican convention.  All us nice blue staters watching the clown show, snickering into our craft beers. I am telling myself I will just steal a glimpse every now and then, but I don't see how, having once turned my head I will ever be able to turn it back again.

I am still a little unsure of what you expect the hordes of undesirables to do to Cheboygan that you are huddling in the swamp with that taped up Old Betsy guarding against.

Speaking of Old Betsy, what is the Beagles vs deer score so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment