Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Young, Dumb, and Full of Cum

That's how we described the new guys who were eager to go to war, or were otherwise young and foolish. Of course there are exceptions but, generally, the longer a guy is in the military, the less eager he is to see combat, and the guys who have already seen combat are the less eagerist of all. I think that, even today, most soldiers hope they will never have to do what they have been trained to do, but they are prepared to do it if they have to. It's kind of like the guy who has a concealed carry permit that he considers an insurance policy. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. The guy who hopes he gets a chance to use it on another human being probably shouldn't be trusted with a loaded gun in the first place.

I am no expert on this, but I think that the reason they have white collar prisons is to keep the violent and the non-violent criminals away from each other. No good purpose would be served by throwing embezzlers and insider traders in with a bunch of battle hardened street criminals.  Even the regular prisons are classified as maximum, medium, or minimum security, depending on the nature of the crimes that their inmates have committed. Living conditions are probably more severe in the maximum security facilities because more resources need to be devoted to keeping the prisoners from escaping or harming each other.

It is my understanding that corporate boards hire CEOs the same way city councils hire city managers and school boards hire superintendents. The board decides on general policies, but they need somebody with training and experience to implement those policies in the real world. I'm not sure why those CEOs get paid so much, but I suspect it's because the boards are competing with other companies for the best talent. Boards of directors are usually made up of major stockholders, so it seems they wouldn't be eager to spend company money on something that wasn't likely to increase company profits. I don't think that board members are likely to grow up to be CEOs. It seems more likely that CEOs might end up becoming board members after they have accumulated enough company stock.

I am not aware that there is anything called a "Faceless Horde Channel", everything I know about faceless hordes I learned from watching the news. Not FOX news either, just the regular news. I realize that the news is about sensational, or at least unusual occurrences, and that the majority of the "others" are probably law abiding citizens just like me. Nevertheless, I do know a little about mob psychology and mass hysteria and, when I see something like that on TV, I'm just glad that we don't have it in our neighborhood, at least not yet.

By the way, I heard on the news last night that about a dozen Republican presidential candidates have dropped out of the race. They read the list of names, and I have never heard of most of them. The good news is that my man Rand wasn't one of them. The bad news is that Trump the Grump wasn't one of them either.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment