Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Regular Guys

I doubt that most regular guys have the kind of money that Trump has but, then again, neither do most irregular guys. Nevertheless, I see your point. Maybe people are just getting fed up with politicians, although that has happened before and, after they get it out of their system, they end up putting the politicians back in office. Remember Jesse Ventura the wrestler? He was a big hit, but only for one term. Cheboygan elected a regular guy for mayor once, but also for only one term. The problem with regular guys is that they can't get anything done because the politicians won't cooperate with them. We would have to elect all regular guys and get rid of the politicians altogether, but I don't think there are enough regular guys out there who are willing to put forth the necessary effort to get elected and stay elected. If they wanted the job that bad, they would already be politicians.

 I doubt that most Muslims would ever deny that they are Muslims, even unto death, but I don't think we can ban Muslims because they are Muslims. What we could do is ban immigrants from certain countries, that has been done at least once that I know of with the Chinese. Getting rid of the ones that are already here would be more difficult. Even if we could round them all up and deport them, they would just turn around and sneak back in like the Mexicans have been doing since forever. Well, it would be harder to sneak in from Syria than it is to sneak in from Mexico, but they could always go to Mexico first, or Canada for that matter, and sneak into the U.S. from there. It might be better to just round them up and put them into internment camps like they did with the Japanese back in W.W. II. Then we would have to feed them, but we might be able to get some work out of them too. Oh, that's right, there isn't enough work in this country for our own people as it is. Trump's Wall has a nice ring to it, but we would also need to fortify the Canadian border, the East Coast, the West Coast, the Gulf Coast, the Alaskan Coast, and the Hawaiian Islands. I doubt that even Trump has enough money to do all that. Also, a wall isn't much good if you don't post guards on it, Hadrian the Roman proved that.

The estimate I got on the truck repairs was $777, which is a lot of money to put into an 11 year old vehicle. If I had known this was going to happen I might have traded it in before I put over $500 worth of new tires on it a couple months ago. Still, it starts good and runs good, at least for now. I only have 31,000 miles on it because I don't go anywhere much anymore. Cars don't rust like they used to, but this might be the first vehicle I ever owned that rots out before it wears out.

If I lived in a downtown tower like you do, I would still need a reliable vehicle to drive out into the country, and probably pay for the privilege of parking it somewhere in between trips. As it is, all I need to do is step out the door to be in the country. I don't need my truck to go hunting, but I do need it to go fishing because I would never be able to pull that boat trailer three miles to the launch ramp without it. The first boat I ever owned was a canoe, and I could easily carry it a quarter mile or so but, even in those days, three miles would have been a stretch. Nowadays it takes me a half hour to walk the quarter mile to my deer blind, and then I have to rest up four hours for the trip back home. I'm not complaining, you understand, it could be worse. A lot of people my age are dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment