Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2015

howdy neighbors

Another error on my part, of course I meant the year 2000.  I was just getting into the internet and a friend of my ilk and I were exchanging emails every five or ten minutes when they were counting the votes and at one point, it looked like Gore would take it, but then the networks had a change of mind about the outcome in Florida and took it out of the dems column, and then the whole thing slid into a republican win.

Oh woe was us, but actually i didn't think Bush would be so bad, I was a little hornswoggled by that compassionate conservative crap.  I don't think he would've turned out so bad except for 911 and then he let the neocons in and they went to Iraq, and there was one fine mess he stepped us into.  I think he was a weak stupid man who fell under the command of the great satan Cheney, and now sometimes I even feel a little sorry for him, but I don't tell the rest of my ilk that.

I don't recall that it was ever resolved who had won that 2000 election, but here's another thing I don't tell my ilk, I don't hold it against the republicans that much.  If the dems had the power people in the right place I would've been okay with us stealing it too. 

Even if it was later decided that the reps had won it fair and square, that doesn't change anything, since if it had been decided that they didn't win it, they would not have given it back.

1992 was a good year for me.  I had that fat state job, and I moved into the towers and we got that booming Clinton economy. 

I couldn't find anything about the circulation of the Cheboygan Trib in five minutes of internet research, but every other newspaper in the country is losing readership to the internet so I wouldn't think the Trib was immune.

I guess you drink beer in the garage because you want to smoke your cigs while you do that.  One thing that isn't so hot about condo living is that we don't have garages or basements or attics.  And we don't have front porches.  No place to set up a lawn chair on a cool summer evening and yell "Howdy folks," to the passersby and have little conversations about the weather.  But then I don't suppose your front door is too close to the road, and the passersby are probably going by in their streak of lightning cars, and not strolling by, and then Beagles is not that fond of neighbors, even straight white right wing Cheboyganers.


Now the big girl has told a whopper, claiming that ISIS is passing around videos of Trump, which is not true at all.  She could have just said that Trump's words are encouraging muslims to join the Taliban, and had a pretty good argument, but then she threw in that fib and that weakens her whole argument.  Well she is a known fibber.  Remember when she spoke about dodging bullets in Bosnia?  Time was a politico caught in a lie would blush and back down, but Trump has set the precedent of just sticking with it.  I wonder where the big girl will go with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment