Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Trump and transgender and drinking beer in your bare feet

Trump is what you see is what you get.  He believes he is the greatest man that ever walked the earth, so he believes that everything he says is great.  Anytime one of his simpleton ideas pops into his great mind he speaks it and he is not surprised that his polls rise.

I don't know if you've watched any of the debates (I have watched all three and this fourth one is on the fifteenth, the same day as our condo Christmas party which is full of food and beer and people, and they will have a tv that will be showing the republican debates and I'll probably be watching it), but there is a difference between them right away.  The rest of them are politicians and you can see where they have their talking points stored just behind their ears and whenever they speak they are listening to themselves and thinking what effect this will have on the other candidates and the voters.

Trump is like me at the Ten Cat maybe half way through the fourth pale ale, I say whatever pops into my mind and I am pretty confident that what I am saying is pretty smart, I am a regular guy.  People distrust politicians (even the ones they like), but they like regular guys, and Trump looks like a regular guy at those debates.

This banning muslims thing, not only is it against everything this country stands for, but it is against the constitution and there is no way such a law could be enacted, and even if were how do you define who is a muslim, how do you check for it, what if the guy has just lost his religion?  And the first thing a jihadi will do is deny that he is a muslim.

This wall, this deportation, even if you get elected how are you going to do it?  Trump's answer: management.  He knows how to get things done, he's a rich guy, rich guys know how to do anything.

Of course it's great for Hillary, of course I love it.  It's playing with fire a little bit, what if he actually ended up as president?  But I have to tell you it doesn't seem much worse than having Cruz for president.  The best of all possible worlds is Trump as a third party.  And that's another dilemma of the republicans.  Normally they would all gang up on the front runner and try to drag him down, but they don't dare try that with Trump because he could get his feelings (hah) hurt and run on his own.  No doubt about it, Trump is fucking the Grand Old Party.

I'm a little behind the liberal curve on all this transgender stuff.  I'm right in step with all the gay rights stuff.  If you want to have the operation I'm not going to stand in your way, though I will tend to think you are what your chromosomes say you are, but you can dress how you want and marry whoever you want and whatever, but maybe just, and I am embarrassed to be using that Beaglesonian phrase, don't make such a spectacle of yourself.  As for that guy in Ann Landers (I admit I read it to, just a chance to shake my head and say what idiots before I dive into the comics), I guess it turned out that he was not only a woman, but he was a lesbian, as many women are.  Well who am I to judge.  Oh wait in your example it was a woman who discovered that not only was she a man but that she was a gay man, whatever, again can't they just do this stuff and not be so loud about it?

Six hours work on a truck, isn't that going to cost a fortune?  Wouldn't you rather live in a nice tower in the middle of the city where if you ran low on beer you could just take an elevator down to the little store on ground level, and if your shoestrings are broken you could do it barefoot?

No comments:

Post a Comment