Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

paddling my own canoe

There's usually some kind of fucking with the format when you bring some content from one place to another.  Happens to me all the time when I try to bring stuff into email.  I think the best thing to do is write out everything you want to say and when that is done, you import the foreign content.

I'm not sure why you brought that content into Beaglesonia.  Doesn't it just prove what I was saying that the fat cats are largely bankrolling the tea party?  Way back at the beginning I think the Tea Party was more grassroots and you would hear the tricorners rant about the evil of big business, but I don't think any of them say that anymore, certainly not any candidate bankrolled by them.

Newspapers in general have gone down the tubes.  I get both the Trib and the Sun-Times, but they have much less news than they used to and a lot more of that celebrity crap, just traversing the news from one section to the other it is hard not to keep up with the Kardashians.

Speaking of showbiz crap, how about this star wars hoopla?  I guess the first two or three movies weren't so bad, but then they were the same old same old and pretty juvenile, and now everywhere you go it's star wars this and star wars that?  And who gives a shit?  And how come half our movies and tv shows are about superheroes anymore?  I know i spend a lot of time complaining about kids these days, but adults these days are nothing to write home about either.

Actually there is a marina right underneath Marina City.  It's owned by a different entity than the condo association so we get no special privileges.  I wonder though if i could get some kind of small or collapsible canoe, or maybe a kayak that would fit in an elevator and I could just bring it down and plunk it into the water.  I could probably hide behind some big boat and get past the locks and then it would be clear paddling all the way up to almost Canada, illuminated by the flames of the city as it was being taken over by those undesirables, and then right under the bridge.  Is that a lock at the mouth of the Cheboygan?  I reckon I could get past that too, and then I guess I would paddle through that crowded town with no room for Beagles' elbows, and then i would beach my craft (is that the way you boaters talk?) and open up my nostrils for the clear scent of freedom and follow my nose to Beaglesonia. 

Just think, instead of just the hour I spend in the morning and you in the evening we could talk like this all day long.  Probably into a tape recorder so that it could be preserved for prosperity.  I'm sure your hypothetical wife would not mind transcribing then into print, and bringing us sandwiches and beer throughout the day.   I would however require a nice pale ale and none of that yellow beer that you like.

Alrighty then.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment