Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

a house divided?

Seems like a lot of expense to have a big war in order to get the whole country together again.  You know I am not sure that the country is all that divided about this war.  If you poll the people, here's one from November: http://thehill.com/policy/defense/260313-poll-americans-want-more-action-against-isis-but-oppose-ground-troops where 76 percent oppose boots on the ground. But of course, being Americans they all think we should do more, which you know we are already doing plenty.  Well then people just want more of plenty, more bombs, but not so many that we will have to raise taxes to pay for them. 

Well it's an election year, seems like it's always an election year doesn't it?  The Republican firebrands, well they are all firebrands aren't they except for low energy Bush and that doctor fellow who is sinking like a stone, are for making the sand glow in the dark, but if they are asked if they want boots on the ground, except for the biggest blowhard they are all, well um, and what they really want to do is what Obama is doing only more of it.  Oh and they will use the phrase Islamic Terrorists which Obama's refusal to do is what is keeping us from winning this war.

Anyway the war is not dividing this country.  I'm sure your ilk will blame Obama for dividing the country by being so radical even though about half the country approves of what he is doing and much of what he is doing would have been okay among republicans before his election.  It's you tea partiers who are dividing this country.  Everything was just at a simmer before you guys came along and got the pot boiling, and what objectives have you achieved?  Not that you care about achieving anything, you just want to not compromise anything and you don't mind going down in flames over it.

Not that I mind any of that.  I'm glad to see you taking the reps down to the fiery lake.  The big girl shows a hawkish side, but that is probably just another of her fibs-.  It will be a little tiring to see her on the tube all the time, but not as scary as Mr Glowing Sand.

Really, you didn't see any difference between Gore and W?  You must have been pretty far at the edge to think that.  You didn't literally have a libertarian card did you?  That's just a figure of speech, right?  I do remember you telling me though that you did go to some meetings, sent them some money.  Don't you wish you would have bought one of those hats though?  You could have taken a photo of yourself wearing it with Old Betsy in your arms, a steely glint in your eyes, and a handwritten sign behind you, "The Freehold of Beaglesonia."    Put a twig of holly in your tricorner and it would make a dandy Christmas card.

I don't know that the terrorists have gotten further and further out of their place.  I think they are doing about the same for the last twenty years.  It just sounds like they are doing more because this is an election year.

Text?  Did you say I could text people?  Surely you know that i am a landline man, and not a very good one of those.  I generally don't answer it, and anytime somebody wants to communicate by phone I discourage that in favor of email.  I don't understand why people would text when they could just email except that it is more annoying than an email.

One of the first things I did when I moved into the tower was to buy a telescope.  Mostly I just wanted to look at the buildings and the bridges and the boats at sea.  People who visited me though all thought that I was a peeping Tom.  I guess I looked at windows a few times, just in the pursuit of looking at buildings.  It is a bit of an eerie feeling looking at people who don't know that they are being looked at, but it's not like as soon as people know they aren't being watched they do all this weird stuff.  I guess they might pick their nose, but who wants to see that?  As for naked, that's what the internet is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment