Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Time will tell

One of the reasons I recall the Regulator clock so distinctly is because we had one in our home, on the wall above the kitchen table.  It was my father's pride and joy, something he acquired from an unknown source and we were not allowed to wind it or mess with in any way.  The weekly task of winding was almost a ritual, and it kept good time.  But after a few years the clock wore out it's welcome; the ticking made mealtimes a little uncomfortable during lulls in conversation.  The clock stayed but was no longer wound, becoming another kitchen curio.  This image looks a lot like the clock we had in our kitchen.


I don't know about  that clock thing.  It doesn't sound reasonable, it is just not that complicated.

It sounded a little fishy to me too, but then I read this.

-----

I asked my niece, the elementary school teacher, about cursive handwriting and she said that it was always part of the curriculum but the kids hate it.  But it's a Catholic school, not a public one, and they like to hang on to tradition.  Cursive handwriting is tedious and takes much practice, too much, for good results.  You have to write very slowly but that may be in it's favor; you have plenty of time to think about what you're writing and not just scrawling the first thing that pops into your head.  I can type pretty quickly but I'm always pausing to think about what to write, so in the end I don't think I'm saving any time.  Maybe if I made a first draft manuscript and then typed it out it would be a more seamless process, but that's starting to sound like too much work.

-----

It turns out that she was talking about contrails.

Seems to me she was talking about chemtrails, the popular conspiracy theory that involves contrails.  I'm not saying that chemtrails are impossible but it seems to be an unlikely and inefficient delivery system for whatever tricks the government has up it's sleeve.  Once something is released many tens of thousands of feet up in the air you have no control over where it will finally land; accurate targeting would be nearly impossible.  There are easier and cheaper ways to accomplish such nefarious tasks.

-----

Like source A says this and source B says that, how do you choose which one to believe?


Neither; check out sources C, D, E, ad nauseum, until you are satisfied.  Reputation of the source is important but in our modern age of misinformation we may be unaware of any hidden agenda.  There are too many people jabbering away with only a passing familiarity with facts and truth, let alone cogent analysis.  I've noticed a trend among pundits to all talk at once, with no one listening.  How can a reasonable person make any sense of their discussion?  Perhaps Uncle Ken has a particular question in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment