Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2018

flattering the big orange dumbo

I'm reading a book now about  how Nixon and Kissinger, those merry jokesters, destroyed Cambodia by entangling it in the Vietnam war, and one of the their strategies was the madman theory.where you acted like you were crazy so as to get things from your enemy.  I think it was Kissinger's idea because he liked to look like the sane man next to the drunken, slavering, Dick Nixon.

As a believer in Trump's razor, I don't believe he is adopting that strategy, and he's not really nuts he's more like a badly spoiled child with ADHD.  Looking that up I discovered a quiz I can take to learn if I have ADHD, but  that will have to wait along with Old Dog's editor quiz because I don't want  to toss my morning away. 

There has been some talk about how Trump's bluster has frightened the North Koreans to the conference table.  Maybe so, who can tell?  It seems more likely that they have seen a guy who they can twist around their little finger.  It's hard to believe that they would give up their nukes and after Iran who can trust the US not to tear up an agreement just because.

And there is that talk about bullies being cowards, and there is that element in Trump's behavior,  He never insults anybody to their face, except the press and that is when he has his howling mob around him.  He makes nice at his conferences and then half the time tweets out his insults from his bed in the morning.  He's done a lot of crap in the USA where he has his crowd of sycophants to cheer him on, but foreign policy, not much.  There are his tariffs, but those seem to keep changing.

And Trump likes dictators.  There is Putin of course, but he, in the elegant words of LBJ, has Trump's pecker in his pocket.  But he also loves the kings of Saudi Arabia, and now the big-hatted guys of North Korea have learned how easy it is to flatter the big orange dumbo.


I do want to get to Old Dog's quiz,  I did the first one just now, and it looks like they were just interested in grammar errors rather than style which makes it less interesting.  Personally I thought the last line was inelegant and I might have added an as at the beginning, and in an interview sounded redundant.  Where else would he have said it? 

I'll see if I can get to that ADHD quiz too.

No comments:

Post a Comment