Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2018

going to missouri

I wondered about that union thing, but Beagles' subsequent explanation jibes with my understanding of the ruling.  Normally a citizen when wronged has redress to the courts.  Under these new contracts he does not, he has to submit to arbitration which is set up to rule in the employer's favor.  If he feels that this is wrong he cannot get together with his fellows and have them all chip in to get a fancy lawyer, he has to do it mano a corporation, which is a lopsided battle.  I read the article to see what they had to say, supposing that if it were published in a small-town paper it would be  in favor of Gorsuch, but it comes from Blomberg, which I am not that familiar with and it seems pretty fair.

I think the way that knee thing works is that football poobahs can fine a team owner if his player takes the knee.  I suppose the owner can enforce this by then fining the player,  I guess this will provoke some lawsuit, but the judiciary is being stacked so that we know how that will go.

I went to a Costco a couple years ago and I was gobsmacked by the rampant materialism, all those stacks of stuff and those huge carts and the consumers I am pretty sure were slavering. 

And now we have the investigation of the investigation, based on something one of the Foxies said and the prez picked up on.  Switching between Fox and CNN is like going to two separate worlds.  Remember the Benghazi investigation?  That went on for four years, and in the end nothing.  Now the Mueller investigation has gone on for about a year and many heads have rolled and yet now Trump has been

And how about that Kim Jong Un playing Trump like a drum?  There is no way Un is giving up his nukes, and why would he make a deal with Trump who might change his mind the next day?  Of course North Korea has welshed on plenty of deals itself, so I don't know.

I don't have much in the tank this morning.  Leaving tomorrow morning for Missouri and I won't be back until Wednesday, and it appears that it is going to be hot, hot, hot. You gentleman will have to carry on.




No comments:

Post a Comment