Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2018

!@#$%

The trouble with swearing is that if done too much it loses it's impact and the words are mere placeholders in a limited vocabulary.  It becomes monotonous after a while and is a sign that the speaker doesn't really have anything to say.  Curse words should be chosen carefully and used sparingly for maximum impact, I think.  There are exceptions, like when you bang your little toe against a piece of furniture.  I've read that a sudden outburst of profanity can lessen the sensation of pain.  Don't know where I picked that up but it sounds true to me.

-----

Bad news, everyone.  The pollution of plastics in the rivers, lakes, and oceans is well known, but now it is in beer.

It's not a lot but it's there and we are doomed unless we can find a way to get rid of the damn stuff.  Microbes may eventually evolve to the point where they find bits of plastic to be tasty morsels but I'm not going to hold my breath.

-----

And speaking of beer, it is served in the Belgian Parliament; they have their own bar.

Free beer in Congress sounds like a good idea to me.  Senate hearings wouldn't be so boring and we would all enjoy the ensuing lively debates.

No comments:

Post a Comment