Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Beaglesonian Compact

As I said, my tractor is known in the trade as a compact tractor.  The model number is B2601 if you want to look it up.  I'm sure that Kubota has a website, or you could go to my dealer's website :
http://GINOPSALES.com  You don't call a compact car a carette,  so why would you call a compact tractor a tractorette?  Furthermore, my tractor is not red, it's orange.  I seem to remember that Allis Chalmers tractors used to be red, but I don't know if they still are, or if Allis Chalmers even still makes tractors under that name.

Trees grow tall like that when they grow close together because they are competing for the sunlight.  I suppose, though, that the reason they are growing so close together is they have plenty of water, so they don't have to compete for that.  Trees growing in a more arid environment do have to compete for water, which would cause them to grow farther apart.  It also depends on the species of the tree. Fruit trees don't grow that tall, probably because they have been selectively bred not to. Who wants to climb a 50 foot ladder to pick fruit?  There is also a number of dwarf fruit tree species that have been selectively bred to grow even shorter, and to mature faster as well.  Then there are those Japanese banzai trees that are down right miniature.  I seem to remember that they get that way by judicious pruning, but it seems like there should be more to it than that.

Uncle Ken: Do the Black kids in Chicago schools talk the same way in school as they do on the street?  If not, does the teacher correct them when they lapse into their native tongue?  I will admit that their way of conjugating the verb "to be" is more logical than ours: "I be, you be, he be, she be".
That makes more sense than, "I am, you are, he is, she is."  Why do they call it "to be" when the word "be" isn't even in there?




No comments:

Post a Comment