Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Where Have I Been All My Life?

By the time I hear about something famous, it's usually long gone. The first time I heard Janis Joplin's version of "Me and Bobby McGee" on a barroom jukebox, she had been dead for a long time. Indeed, the first time I ever heard of Joplin was when she died. Suicide, wasn't it? I don't know where I got the idea that Dylan wrote that song, but I figured that, since he was a male, and the song seemed to be about a former girlfriend, that Bobby would have been spelled "Bobbi" in the original version. Now that you mention it, it does sound more like Kristofferson's style than Dylan's.

I looked up Nikki Minaj's butt, and I fail to see the significance of it. She sounds like just another goofy celebrity doing yet another goofy thing to impress her goofy fans. Maybe that was Ken's point, that the public pays too much attention to crap like that when they should be concentrating on more important news, like the latest outrageous statement from Donald Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment