Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

kicking the tires

Three and a half days away from CNN and FOX and Politico and The Hill and newspapers and NPR., boy I don't know how people live like that,  We did have one adventure, a flat tire, thump, thump, thump, what was that, is it the road, I don't think so, should we get off the road, probably, well I'll be flat as a pancake, and smoking a little too.

Back in the day it seemed like flat tires were sort of routine,  Get the jack and the spare out of the trunk, take off the lugnuts, jack 'er up, pull off the bad tire, put on the good tire, jack 'er down, put in the lugnuts, throw the tire and jack back in the trunk, dust off your hands briskly, kick the tire because what the fuck, and you're on the road again.

But that was back then.  Actually I was surprised that flat tires still happened, hadn't they invented some kind of super tire in the last forty years?  They don't have spare tires anymore, they have something called a doughnut, which is like a tire, I think, but smaller, and you can't drive all that far on one, and the jack is this weird little device that frankly, does not look reliable.  I suppose if I was still a man I would have grimaced and tried to make what I could have out of the deal, but nowadays few of us are men.  We have insurance and the card has a number on it which you call on your super phone and in about an hour some guy in a truck shows up with a real jack and badda bing you're on the road again, and neither him nor the woman even bother to look askance at you with that and you call yourself a man look.

Well fine.  I didn't slice off one of my hands, and I didn't even get dirty, I did kick the tire though after the real man with the truck and the jack left because what the fuck.

Oh that doughnut thing, I guess every town of around 50,000 people has a Walmart, and they have any tire you need, and you park in the lot and tell them what kind of car you have and go to the bar and watch a little sports and have a couple beers and come back and everything is jake and all it costs is some money.  What a world we live in.


And just before I flew back that pneumonia thing broke.  What the fuck?   She knew she had pneumonia, she knew everybody would find that out in a day or two, so what she does is tell the press that she is dehydrated.  The woman doesn't have an honest bone in her body,  I thought this would be a big deal, because it plays into all that swamp internet thing about her  being on death's doorstep from whatever, and into her basic dishonesty.  But the calmer heads on CNN weren't that impressed,, ah this kind of shit goes on all the time.  Everybody knows she is dishonest and they already hate her or are inclined to think it is no big deal, and pneumonia, the old man's friend of yore, is like a bad cold anymore.

I was shocked that Ben not only didn't know where Aleppo was, or even that it was a place and not a thing, but it shouldn't hurt him as his constituency is just republicans who don't want to vote for Trump and nobody cares who he is anyway.


Oh, while we were waiting for guy with the truck and the jack to come two people pulled over to help us.  My Missouri friend, Ruby Doo, asked if this was Chicago would anybody have pulled over and I said yes they would have, but they probably would have stuck a gun in our face and robbed us.  It's great to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment