Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Good Link

I looked up your link last night. At first I was just going to scan it, but I ended up reading the whole thing and watching the video. I had no idea there was anything like that going on. I remember when that law was passed back in '68. Lots of people were upset about it, but I didn't think it was such a big deal, just one more useless form to fill out. Not long ago, I asked Ken if any crime had ever been solved because of that law. He didn't know for sure, and now I know that lots of them have. It was impressive to read about how this guy made his job so efficient without using a computer. As the author said, they wouldn't let him use a computer, so he turned himself into a computer. I was also impressed with the way those ladies could scan those microfilms at such a high rate of speed.

I have bought a couple of guns since they started those "instant" background checks, and that's no big deal either. Of course they're not really instant but, after looking at guns for an hour or so, I'm usually ready to step outside for a cigarette anyway. What I didn't know, until Obama started harping about it, was that gun shows and gun sales between private individuals are exempt. I don't see any reason why gun shows should be exempt, but I don't know how they could track sales between individuals.

I stopped worrying abut them taking our guns away a long time ago, mostly because there are so many of them out there. How are they going to round up 300 million guns when they can't even round up 16 million illegal immigrants? I still believe, however, that there are people who want to take our guns away, and that most of them are Democrats. They may not represent an imminent threat, but that doesn't mean I have to vote for them. I only have one vote, and I can't do anything about the people who vote against my beliefs, but that doesn't mean I have to join them.

I don't know what to tell you about the situation in the Middle East. I read somewhere that our government doesn't seems to have a cohesive Mideast policy. While that may be true, nobody who lives in the Mideast seems to have a cohesive Mideast policy either. It used to be all about Israel, but anymore, if Israel sank into the sea tomorrow, I don't think it would change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment