Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Cough, cough

Pneumonia isn't a lot of fun; had it a couple of times when I was in the army.  It was "viral" pneumonia, which I think is the same as "walking" pneumonia.  Took about a week to run its course, with peak discomfort and coughing on the fourth day.  It was like having a fifty pound burning weight pushing on my chest.

Didn't get any bed rest from the medics...they lost the initial X-rays so it took a few days for the correct diagnosis.  But they kept upgrading the cough syrup; first it was the red stuff, then the purple stuff,and finally the clear stuff, with lots of codeine.  By that time I was on the way to recovery and didn't need it (for the coughing).

The second time I had it I knew what it was and didn't bother going on sick call.  Business as usual, but I was a healthy lad at the time and working through it was tolerable.  A seventy year old woman with pneumonia choosing to gut it out does not make sense to me, but she is very highly motivated.

-----

Not knowing what to believe these days, I can only mention a couple of the other flaps concerning the Big Girl's health...one of the ladies in attendance the other day was a nurse and gave her a neurological test (squeeze my hand!), and that she used a body double when she left Chelsea's home.  This stuff is nuts.

But how the hell can she get dehydrated?  Is she running marathons across Death Valley?  Maybe her schedule didn't consider the need for a quick sip or two.  Or is "dehydrated" a new euphemism for "we don't know what the hell is wrong with her."?

And speaking of nuts, Thursday is the day that the Tangerine Man reviews the state of his health with the noted physician, Dr. Oz.  I'm guessing his weight as being about 230 pounds, with a dangerously high cholesterol level.

Perhaps some voters, unwilling to consider a third party candidate,  will start comparing the merits of Kaine and Pence.


No comments:

Post a Comment